We’re Going to Need More Wine: Stories by Gabrielle Union


We’re Going to Need More Wine: Stories by Gabrielle Union



                This was an easy to read and easy to enjoy memoir. Gabrielle Union gave us a very intimate portrait of her life, filled with her candor and her humor. It’s funny when you think about all of the stories that have been spread about Union and the tabloid headlines that have been thrown out there, to see that sometimes truth is funnier than fiction. I laughed through so many of these stories, where I was either simply caught off guard and unaware by her honesty or when she just happened to find herself in an extremely hilarious situation. This is her life and she chose to share this with the public.

                I admire her bravery, coming out as a rape survivor and choosing to advocate for survivors. These are the conversations we need to have and that she chose to have in her book. But she also touched on so much more, like racism, colorism, sexism, success in Hollywood, marriage and sex. There is so much sex and I mean that in the best way possible. Union is very sex positive and wants women to enjoy having sex. I’m with her! She wants you to love your body and enjoy your body. Like she said, you can’t take it with you!

                I’m recommending this. More so than anything I had fun while reading this book. I learned so much about Union and her upbringing, life and the hard work she put into her success. I definitely recommend this book. It’s a quick read and one that will leave you shaking your head, wiping your eyes and laughing fit to burst. I give this 4 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enemy of All Mankind: A True Story of Piracy, Power, and History's First Global Manhunt by Steve Johnson

Odetta: A Life in Music and Protest by Ian Zack

The Testaments by Margaret Atwood