Bossypants by Tina Fey

Bossypants by Tina Fey


What would you like to know about Tina Fay? Would you like to know about her dreams and aspirations? Would you like to know about her childhood woes and life as a young girl? What about high school, friends and relationships? Well, you’ll get it here but I’m not sure if it will be what you expected. This comedian takes her life and in a very entertaining way tells her story. You do learn about her life and the experiences that brought her into the position that she is in today: a successful writer, producer and director. Tina also talks about her family and what it is like to be a working mother. But it’s lighthearted and hilarious. I’m not sure if it will be to everyone’s taste but I found it entertaining.
Personally, I guffawed (I love that word) often while reading Tina’s story. I was in the mood for something fresh, funny, and easy to read. Check. Check. Check. I picked this book up, dived right in and giggled throughout. Tina Fey is a comedian and so much more. This book is a reflection of her comedic genius. She shows her chops as a writer throughout these pages and I enjoyed it. I would recommend it if you are in the mood to laugh with (and at) the author.  I give this 4 out of 5 stars. Was it perfect? No, not at all. But I liked that she was able to convey her story and make me laugh.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enemy of All Mankind: A True Story of Piracy, Power, and History's First Global Manhunt by Steve Johnson

Odetta: A Life in Music and Protest by Ian Zack

The Testaments by Margaret Atwood